Sign in to follow this  
Melissa B

Why did we change to this new site?

Some members have asked and I actually posted this information on the beta site and it disappeared.  So, let me explain why we made the move to the new site and a few additional things.

1.  The old platform was forcing an "upgrade" that I didn't want to pay for.

2.  They considered the members "theirs" and not the creators.

3.  I was spending a lot of money per year on that platform and didn't have complete control of the site.  See #2 above.

4.  I tried to off set some of the cost of the old site with the Amazon ads, but people didn't really use them.

5.  The old platform would only give me very limited info to move to this site.  Mainly, I got your emails in back up!

6.  I was told by my brother when I created the original site years ago that I should have custom code and control over my site.  I went with the ning platform because I didn't even know if anyone would sign up, and I didn't want to spend thousands of dollars and gamble that people would even be interested in a Neil Diamond fan site.  Hind sight is 20/20.  I'm so glad I was wrong and people did want a fan site like this.

7.  I knew when I moved the old site to the new on a lot of people would be unhappy because they don't like change.  I don't like change, either, so I understand.  I know things aren't the same on this platform, but I've tried to add as many features on this site to make it as much like the old one as possible.  Is it just like it?  No!  Does it have most of the features?  Yes.  Do those features function exactly the same?  No.

8.  It is what it is.  I know it isn't the same.  If I were a millionaire we would still be at the other platform because it was easier for me as well and we all knew hot it worked.

I'm not mad or upset that people aren't completely happy with this new platform.  I understand it.  It's not the same.  I feel like I had to make the move, and it is done.

Melissa

Thanks for the info Melissa.  I hadnt realised, I thought you were changing to a new format for it to be an improvememt/upgrade on the old one.  Which is why I was a but puzzled to see this site which didnt seem to improve on the other one.  Now I know you really didnt have any choice, I feel more positive about this site!

Some members have asked and I actually posted this information on the beta site and it disappeared.  So, let me explain why we made the move to the new site and a few additional things.

1.  The old platform was forcing an "upgrade" that I didn't want to pay for.

2.  They considered the members "theirs" and not the creators.

3.  I was spending a lot of money per year on that platform and didn't have complete control of the site.  See #2 above.

4.  I tried to off set some of the cost of the old site with the Amazon ads, but people didn't really use them.

5.  The old platform would only give me very limited info to move to this site.  Mainly, I got your emails in back up!

6.  I was told by my brother when I created the original site years ago that I should have custom code and control over my site.  I went with the ning platform because I didn't even know if anyone would sign up, and I didn't want to spend thousands of dollars and gamble that people would even be interested in a Neil Diamond fan site.  Hind sight is 20/20.  I'm so glad I was wrong and people did want a fan site like this.

7.  I knew when I moved the old site to the new on a lot of people would be unhappy because they don't like change.  I don't like change, either, so I understand.  I know things aren't the same on this platform, but I've tried to add as many features on this site to make it as much like the old one as possible.  Is it just like it?  No!  Does it have most of the features?  Yes.  Do those features function exactly the same?  No.

8.  It is what it is.  I know it isn't the same.  If I were a millionaire we would still be at the other platform because it was easier for me as well and we all knew hot it worked.

I'm not mad or upset that people aren't completely happy with this new platform.  I understand it.  It's not the same.  I feel like I had to make the move, and it is done.

Melissa

We will get used to it in time, I am having problems but you know, trials and errors, it'll all work out , thanks Melissa for all the work you do for us!!!