Melissa B

Craziest article I've ever seen

It's full of mistakes...

Neil Diamond is eager to please his fans at Xcel Power Center A practically complete property of grinning, cheering fans mentioned "hello again" to light-rock superstar Neil Diamond on Sunday evening at St. Paul's Xcel Energy Center. The show marked Diamond's eighth local functionality of the new century and sixth...

A practically complete property of grinning, cheering fans mentioned "hello again" to light-rock superstar Neil Diamond on Sunday evening at St. Paul's Xcel Energy Center.

...snip

Diamond opened powerful, with a horn-heavy "I'm a Believer" into "Desiree" and a extremely dramatic "Adore on the Rocks.Advertisement" Five numbers in, he played "Pretty Remarkable Grace," a song from his 2008 album "House Ahead of Dark" that he's worked challenging to establish as a new classic. Later in the evening, he provided three cuts from his latest record, "Melody Road," which was inspired by his wife. The first two, "Practically nothing But a Heartache" and "In Superior Days," have been pleasant sufficient and sounded at house with his '70s work. By "The Art of Like," on the other hand, the crowd began to get restless.

Elsewhere, Diamond introduced "Brooklyn Roads" with a story about his childhood and throwback photos flickering behind him on the diamond-shaped major screen. He also decided to rap one particular of the verses of "Red Red Wine," a move that was just about every bit as awkward as it sounds.

In a testament to just how deep his catalog of hits runs, Diamond completed the show with a whopping eight crowd-pleasers in a row: "Forever in Blue Jeans," "Cherry, Cherry," "Holly Holy," "I Am ... I Stated," "Cracklin' Rosie," "Sweet Caroline," "America" and "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show." Just when the crowd believed that was it, Diamond wrapped items up with "Heartlight." Inspired by the film "E.T.," the 1982 single stands as his last mainstream hit to date, and he hasn't played it on tour in more than two decades. Regardless of a handful of rough spots, Diamond's heartlight was shining all through the evening.

Pop music critic Ross Raihala can be reached at 651-228-5553. Comply with him at twitter.com/RossRaihala.

Our editors found this article on this site using Google and regenerated it for our readers.

Link: Our editors found this article on this site using Google and regenerated it for our readers.

It's full of mistakes...

Neil Diamond is eager to please his fans at Xcel Power Center A practically complete property of grinning, cheering fans mentioned "hello again" to light-rock superstar Neil Diamond on Sunday evening at St. Paul's Xcel Energy Center. The show marked Diamond's eighth local functionality of the new century and sixth...

A practically complete property of grinning, cheering fans mentioned "hello again" to light-rock superstar Neil Diamond on Sunday evening at St. Paul's Xcel Energy Center.

...snip

Diamond opened powerful, with a horn-heavy "I'm a Believer" into "Desiree" and a extremely dramatic "Adore on the Rocks.Advertisement" Five numbers in, he played "Pretty Remarkable Grace," a song from his 2008 album "House Ahead of Dark" that he's worked challenging to establish as a new classic. Later in the evening, he provided three cuts from his latest record, "Melody Road," which was inspired by his wife. The first two, "Practically nothing But a Heartache" and "In Superior Days," have been pleasant sufficient and sounded at house with his '70s work. By "The Art of Like," on the other hand, the crowd began to get restless.

Elsewhere, Diamond introduced "Brooklyn Roads" with a story about his childhood and throwback photos flickering behind him on the diamond-shaped major screen. He also decided to rap one particular of the verses of "Red Red Wine," a move that was just about every bit as awkward as it sounds.

In a testament to just how deep his catalog of hits runs, Diamond completed the show with a whopping eight crowd-pleasers in a row: "Forever in Blue Jeans," "Cherry, Cherry," "Holly Holy," "I Am ... I Stated," "Cracklin' Rosie," "Sweet Caroline," "America" and "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show." Just when the crowd believed that was it, Diamond wrapped items up with "Heartlight." Inspired by the film "E.T.," the 1982 single stands as his last mainstream hit to date, and he hasn't played it on tour in more than two decades. Regardless of a handful of rough spots, Diamond's heartlight was shining all through the evening.

Pop music critic Ross Raihala can be reached at 651-228-5553. Comply with him at twitter.com/RossRaihala.

Our editors found this article on this site using Google and regenerated it for our readers.

Link: Our editors found this article on this site using Google and regenerated it for our readers.

Melissa, I'll say it's crazy and that's putting it mildly.  I won't say any more just to be polite!!!

I'm the author of the original concert review, which you can read here.

There are sites that steal copy from all over the web, change up the wording, and post as their own content. That seems to be what happened in this case, and that site (not twincities.com, my employer) is where Melissa found the review that she pasted in this thread.  It may have my name on it, but I can assure you it is not what I wrote.

BTW, I was alerted to this site by one of your readers, who left me a voicemail message this afternoon telling me my review was filled with errors.

It does seem to be what happened.  Thanks for letting us know.  It looks like they changed a few words (and not good choices) and posted it. 

By the way, your article is very well written.